« All Events
Broward Quilt Expo
April 10, 2020 - April 11, 2020
|Broward Quilt Expo (BQE) is excited to have a new venue that allows us to host more workshops during the expo for a jam packed weekend. The Charles E. Dodge City Center in Pembroke Pines has easy access from 95 and the Turnpike, and on-site parking.
In 2021 we will be having full day and half day workshops. Take a workshop in the morning and shop the vendors in the afternoon – or reverse.
Quilt Challenge is up on the website, so start sewing. Click here for details.
We are excited to have added back the Youth category. Also new in 2021 Exhibit only – Non-judge category. Enter our quilt and invite your friends to see your work.
You can preview the list of Quilt Entry Categories here
In February 2020 there is “7 Guilds and Their Quilts” a fundraiser for History Fort Lauderdale. If you are a member of one of the participating guilds, check with your guild rep for your entry details. If not, come on over and view and purchase mini-quilts with a Florida theme to help raise money. Watch your email for details.
BQE is also excited to have Ocean Waves Quilt Guild as part of he 2021 expo. More quilter makes for more fun.
Here’s what’s happening.- so far
- Maria Shell workshop- Maria is hails from Alaska. Her quilts are bold and colorful.
- Joe Cunningham workshop- Joe is coming from San Francisco – Joe’s quilts bring traditional techniques with his own unique artistry
- Tiny piecing workshop
- Free Motion quilting on your home machine
- Longarm demonstration with a Q&A
- and we are still booking teachers for 2021.